Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Very First Blog Post!

I decided to start a blog for the same reason most people start blogs, which is: I think I have interesting things to say.  Everyone who blogs does so with the intent of others looking at and reading what they have to say.  Some of these blogs are incredible, and some of them... not so much.  I have recently come into a position where I have a lot more free time in front of a computer, and I started to realize the potential of the internet's ability to share ideas and thoughts with other people who may be looking for what I have to say.  I love that every single person in the world has a different perspective on life, and mine is literally 1 in 7 billion, but it is unique to me and my learning experiences.  So I hope that in writing openly on the world wide web that someone will find my words helpful, enlightening, educational, or just funny enough to merit a smile.  Things I like to talk about include equality and human rights, religion, class and race, psychology (which is my major), books and literacy, love and relationships... etc.  I'm just a wealth of information waiting to burst at the seams with opinions and soap boxes! 
While I need to be on the discreet side, I will say most of this will be written while I'm at work.  And while I won't reveal any names that could get any person or my company in trouble, I do work in a hotel, which provides some wonderfully hilarious and sometimes horrific stories.  So stay tuned to the "Hotel Diaries" portion of the blog, I think I can promise some good laughs.  People are the absolute weirdest when they travel out of their comfort zones.
Like I said, this is my very first attempt at blogging, and I'm sure it will take a while before anyone even sees my page... but nonetheless, I will do my best to get it all updated and running.  Please feel free to help me in the learning process, maybe go easy on me...  I'm only human.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... crickets. I'm thinking a complete blog overhaul may be in need to boost this thing off the ground.

    ReplyDelete